Thursday, August 18, 2011

I suppose I should update more often.

In case anyone has been wondering, I've been at camp these past 6(?) weeks. I guess it's actually seven. And I've been meaning to post, but I just haven't had any time. I dunno why I'm doing it now, probably because there's no one really around, but yes.

It's fun here, other than being given the short end of the stick. I work as a program staff, running Adventure, which consists of low ropes, rock wall and zipline. I mostly work at the zipline and am now very adept at fiddling with carabiners. I also climb a 35 foot pole every day. Well, not every day, but often enough that I'm finally getting muscles again.

People call me Riot. It's my camp name. It makes me sound like I should be epic and amazing, but mostly I'm pretty average. I really want to be called Bridget again.

I have an awful tan. T-shirt tan, sock tan, short tan. You name it. My tummy isn't tan though, so I look very silly when wearing a swimsuit. I rarely go swimming. I wish I went swimming more often, and my arms are getting tired from writing this.

I plan evening programs, like Asteroids. It's a lot like dodgeball, except the kids can't throw the balls back back. Which is probably why it's banned. Yes, I got a game banned, well, not really. I never threw any of the balls.

My clothes are boring and practical, unless it's evening program. Then I can dress in something wacky. I've been a circus clown, jedi, killer robot, princess, Loki, Ariel from the Little Mermaid, Miley Cyrus, zombie, ninja, barbarian, and Ginny Weasley. I like when I get to dress up. Other than that, it's shorts and a t-shirt, unless it's cold.

I sleep on a mattress covered in plastic, with a sleeping bag. It gets really hot at night. My nice waterbottle fell 35 feet from the top of the zipline and got  a huge dent at it. I've also gotten better at writing big letters because I make a lot of posters, with paint. The mosquitoes have stopped biting and I've even gotten poison ivy. And that really sucked. It was itchy.

I get two days off a week, which is usually spent drinking. Funny how working with kids wants to make you drink. I'm also one of the few people who don't want to pursue a job in working with kids. Also odd.






And these are some of the few pictures I have.
Oh, I also have a freezie addiction and am tired all the time. Tomorrow we swim across the lake. 

Today was Twin Day. We picked someone as our twin. I picked the other ginger, and we both wore pink tops and jeans. As well as pigtails. We also won, probably because he's a guy in a tight hot pink top.

I kind of feel like a child wrote this about their time at camp. I know I'm more adept at writing, but camp really wears you down. You constantly have to be happy and positive as well as cheery. You run around for most of the day, and then when you get time off, instead of sleeping, you cherish your freedom and stay up even later.

I've made many wonderful friends, and I am so glad I get to keep them. This has been an interesting summer, and I shall report back once I am at home, sleep in a real bed and wear some actual clothes.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing pics sweety!!!
    If you like my blog and you wanna... we could followed each other! :)

    KISSES!
    Estefanía J.
    http://www.absostyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super lovely blog!


    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun photos!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comment dear! Are you sure that you're follow me by GFC? Because you don't appear on my GFC Followers list...Check it please! Then, I’ll follow you!!!

    KISSES!
    Estefanía J. ABSOstyle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your feedback! It means so much to me! <3