Monday, June 13, 2011

Pretty much lameness

Okay, I've moved into my new room, but it's pretty barren and there are boxes everywhere. Since I am only here for two weeks, I have all of my nonperishable goods in my room. Also, my desktop is in complete pieces because I have no desk to put it on. I haven't begun decorating because I have no masking tape, but I am sure I can borrow some from the roomies.

I feel kinda bad that I haven't had an outfit post in a bit. It's really hard when you have like 5 things to wear and have to study for exams or whatnot.
So here is my lazy study outfit!

Sweater- American Apparel
White tank top- Smart Set
Blue tank top- H&M
Leggings- H&M

This is my lazy studying/cleaning clothes. Nothing fancy, but it does the trick. Now to read about environmental science...

I'm not that kind of geographer. 

In other words, Lookbook is starting to bother me. I have a lookbook thing, and I update it very infrequently, but I feel it puts far too much emphasis on physical looks and how the photos are edited. I understand that's important for a fashion aesthetic, but is that all we should be focusing on? It seems the girls with the most hype or whatever are thin, modelesque white girls. Kind of irritating.
I also find a lot of the outfits are not very inspirational. I've also seen outfits where the whole thing isn't visible get tons of hype. How do we know the outfit even looks good if you can't even see their bottoms.

I DON'T WANT TO WEAR RATTY SHORTS AND AN EVEN RATTIER T-SHIRT.
Gosh, I'm sick of this trend. I know it's summer, but let's see something else.

Anyways, thanks again for all the lovely comments you've left on my blog. It really brightens up my day!

2 comments:

  1. Love your leggins!! :)

    http://letsputourheartstogether.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leggings and doleman sweater look! As well as the fact that your door is - gasp - green! Haha :)

    I agree with your thoughts on Lookbook - I feel like if you can't see the outfit (or if it's a cruddy photo), then why does it get so much hype? Oh well, I'll just channel that irritation into making my outfit photos the best that they can be!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your feedback! It means so much to me! <3